Live coverage begins on Monday, November 11th at 9AM ET!
WASHINGTON - The annual Fall General Assembly of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) will be November 11-14, at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott Hotel. During the meeting, the bishops will hear addresses by Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan of New York, president of USCCB, and Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, apostolic nuncio to the United States
The Bishops will also hear a report from the National Advisory Council and a report on the status of their strategic/pastoral plan, The New Evangelization: Faith, Worship, Witness. They will elect the next president and vice president of USCCB, the chairman of the USCCB Committee on Catholic Education, the chairmen-elect of five other USCCB committees, and members of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network Incorporated (CLINIC) and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) boards.
Other agenda items include:
• Discussions and votes on the 2014 Conference budget and 2015 diocesan assessment
• Consultation on the sainthood cause of Mary Teresa Tallon, Servant of God
• Discussions and votes on the Misal Romano, the Spanish translation of the book of prayers at Mass, and adaptations to it for use in the United States
• Discussions and votes on the draft translations of the Order of Celebrating Marriage and the Order of Confirmation, as well as proposed adaptations for the Order of Celebrating Marriage
• An update by Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone of San Francisco, chairman of the USCCB Subcommittee on the Promotion and Defense of Marriage
• Presentation for a proposal to develop a formal statement on pornography
• Presentation by Bishop Gerald R. Kicanas of Tucson, Arizona, chairman of CRS, and Carolyn Woo, CRS president, on the work and strategic priorities of CRS
• An update and discussion on the Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage and Religious Liberty
• Discussions and votes on proposed revisions to the USCCB handbook and regulations
About Telecare Television
Telecare - The Best in Catholic Television! ® is a not-for-profit, state-of-the-art television and production facility. For more than 40 years, Telecare Television has been dedicated to answering a critical need: to provide millions of viewers with quality, value-oriented Catholic television. Our broadcast schedule airs 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, reaching millions of households.
1200 Glenn Curtiss Boulevard
Uniondale, NY 11553
(516) 538-8704 (p)
(516) 489-9701 (f)